“God is our refuge and our strength …” (Psalm 46;1). “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). First, the truth about God; Then, our feelings are brought into line with the truth about God,
Facts; Faith; Feelings
* Facts – Christ’s death and resurrection for us
* Faith – I believe the facts. My faith is built on the sure foundation – Christ, the rock of my salvation.
* Feelings – Never start with feelings. They will lead you astray.
Safety; Certainty; Enjoyment
* Safety – We have been saved by the Lord. It’s His doing – not ours.
* Certainty – We believe His Word. We stand upon His promises.
* Enjoyment – We enjoy His blessing.